If you're not familiar with our ordering process, here's some information to explain how it works.
- Select a paperweight style from our catalog. (If you need help choosing the right shape to fame your artwork, just let us know. We'd be happy to help.)
- Place your order through our website. Each paperweight style's product page will allow you to upload two artwork files and provide us with additional details concerning personalization.
- A one-time Artwork Setup Fee in the amount of $9.95 will be applied to your order.
- After your order is received, we'll create an Artwork Proof that is typically emailed within one business day.
- If the Artwork Proof meets with your approval, your paperweight(s) will move to the next step. If not, we will make adjustments and submit a revised Artwork Proof.
- Your custom paperweights wills ship within 3-5 business days. Orders that include 25 or more paperweights may require additional production time.
QUALITY & DETAIL
Each custom paperweight we produce in our studio is handcrafted in the United States. We start with paperweights made of clear, brilliant glass and personalize each piece by hand with full color artwork printed on professional series paper. After your artwork is printed, it's mounted to artists' mounting board before each piece is individually die cut and displayed from beneath the glass.
None of our work outsourced. This allows us to have a hands-on approach to maintaining quality throughout all of our production steps: Artwork, Printing, Die Cutting, and Finishing.
After we receive your order, we'll use your image file(s) and additional information to create an Artist Proof that will typically be emailed to you within one business day. Our Artist Proofs consist of one or more layouts of your design with a frame that shows you the area of the design that will be visible within the display area of the paperweight you've chosen.
REVISIONS TO THE ARTWORK
If you'd like to make changes to your Artwork Proof, we'll gladly make two sets of minor revisions. In the rare event additional revisions are necessary, or if you'd like to make extensive changes, we will let you know in advance if there will be an additional charge for design work.
Each custom paperweight will be wrapped in white tissue and placed in a white gift box.
Volume pricing is available when you purchase six or more paperweights. The pricing table may be found on each product page, beneath the ADD TO CART button.
By providing PhotoWeights with your artwork file(s) through our website or through email, you warrant that you are either the creator or owner of the images you provide, and that you have all required permissions for copying, printing, and the creation of merchandise. PhotoWeights reserves the right to refuse artwork that appears to be copyrighted material. We do not accept images or artwork depicting celebrities and well-known individuals.
We accept the following file types: .JPG, .GIF, .PNG
The quality of your printed artwork will depend upon the quality of the image file(s) you provide. We recommend images that are a minimum 200 dpi. Your images will also need to be large enough to fit the display area of the paperweight style you select. (If an image needs to be enlarged, it will affect the quality.)
We provide complimentary adjustments, at our discretion, to the brightness, contrast, and color of photographs if we feel these changes will improve the quality of the finished paperweight.
UPLOADING YOUR FILES
Your files may be uploaded to our system directly from the ordering page for the paperweight style you are purchasing. You may upload up to two image files. Additional image files may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.